1.24.2011

Weekend Warmth





We had a terribly cold weekend.  It got down to 0 degrees overnight on Saturday. I have never experienced that in my life! Needless to say, we had a fire going all weekend.  On Sunday, while Tim was at work, I got this craving to make some white chocolate chip cookies. I couldn't really find any recipes that inspired me so I altered this recipe and I loved the results! So here's the recipe if you wanna try it and I changed the name to something more fitting.

Enjoy!

Winter Storm White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies


2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2/3 cup white chocolate chips (or chunks)
1/3 cup sliced almonds


DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 375ºF.
Using an electric mixer, beat butter or margarine and sugar together in a medium mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs, mixing well. Combine oats, flour, baking soda and salt in a separate mixing bowl. Add to butter mixture in several additions, mixing well after each addition. (The batter may seem a little bit dry but that's okay, it'll be fine.) Stir in sliced almonds and white chocolate chips. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto parchment paper-covered cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...