1.17.2011

Good Eats.





Last week we finally got to try Terry's Turf Club on the Eastside. Our first attempt at dining at Terry's was unsuccessful – we missed the mark by a few hours because we thought they were open for lunch during the week (-- as of last week they are now open for lunch on Thursdays and Fridays). And then our second attempt was halted by some reconstruction they were doing on the kitchen earlier in the month. So last week we were thrilled when we actually got to sit down and see what all the fuss is about!

Terry's Turf Club came highly recommended from several locals and our favorite wine shop down the street. They also said it had been featured on Food Network's show "Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives"  -- so then we knew it had to be good! (Click here to see the Food Network clip with Guy Fieri on YouTube if you want to check it out.)

As you can see from the pictures above, the burgers are huge and built with great toppings. Tim and I both decided to get their classic burger and then add the aged English Cheddar and three strips of bacon. Y'all, I don't even have words to describe how good this burger was. Tim said it was the best burger he'd ever had in his entire life. For real.  And I think I might have to agree. I decided to get one of their fresh-juice cocktails - a blood orange martini - and that, too, was awesome. Oh, and the fries are really good, too.

Afterward, I was really craving some dessert (because I only ate half of my burger and decided to take the other half home) so we tried another new place a little closer to home called Marty's Hops & Vines. Obviously they are a beer and wine shop, but they also offer small plates/appetizers and desserts. I tried their flourless chocolate torte (last picture above) and it was fantastic.We really enjoyed the cozy atmosphere there, too.

All in all, a fabulous night for dinner and drinks and I can't wait to do it again.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...