8.28.2008

"David who?"

I have come to realize that when you work the front desk of a nice salon, you happen to meet interesting people. Sometimes you meet people that are NFL players' wives, some are top executives and other people just obviously have money for no apparent reason (to me) which is why it's always important to be courteous, nice and bring your "A" game at all times.

Such was the case yesterday.

I'm standing up at the front desk, checking people in and out, getting drinks, doing makeup... as I normally do on any given day and in walks this guy with a British accent.

Me: "Hi. Do you have an appointment today?"

British Dude: "No thanks. Is Max here?"

Me: "I'm not sure if he's still here. What's your name please?"

BD (with authority): "Mett."

Me (I sense some importance with this guy): "Hi, Mett. I'm Olivia. Nice to meet you." (We all shake hands.) "I'll see if Max is available. Can I get you anything to drink while you wait?"

Mett: "No thanks."

I check around and Max is already gone but Heidi our manager comes out to the front desk.

Heidi: "Hi Mett. Max just left but I can help you."

They step aside where I can't hear the convo but then she gives Mett and his guest (handsome Australian dude) a tour of V2 (our nickname for the salon). She comes back about 10 min later and makes an appointment for our handsome Australian friend later and the two guys leave.

Heidi: "I think he'll be back around 6 or 6:30. Just make sure that you comp his services and are especially accommodating."

Me: "Okay. Why?"

H: "That's David Glover."

Me (asking earnestly) : "David Glover? Who's that? Is he related to Danny Glover??" After I said that I was thinking, "Self, why did you ask that? We're talking about a white Australian dude here." But you never know I guess....

H (laughing at my ignorance) : "No silly! David Glover is a well-known editorial stylist. He's from Australia but he travels all over to do editorial work for big magazines like Vogue and stuff like that."

Me: "Shut up!!"

H: "Yeah, go in the back and check out his website."

Sure enough, I go on David Glover.com and that's him! There's some AWESOME stuff going on there. We're talking Tyra Banks and Heidi Klum's stylist here people. He has a very impressive list of references. Okay. So maybe that isn't exciting for you, but I'm excited.

And I think he's coming back to teach a class tomorrow afternoon. I'll let you know.

I'm such a nerd.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...