11.12.2010

Now All We Need Are Curtains...


 This is it! That's our new and improved living room. I LOVE the color. (By the way, it's Seven Seas.)  I went with a slightly darker color because that room is so big, I wanted something darker to pull it all in a little bit and make it feel a little homier. Something we learned along the way (for those of you who may be painting in the next few months), just because your walls are white doesn't mean you should go without primer. It seems counter-intuitive, but it really does help. White walls are like a sponge for darker paint. Spend the extra ten bucks a gallon and go with the primer-in-paint option. You will thank me later. :)


What I also like about this paint color is that it looks different at various times of the day depending on the amount of natural light that is in the room. At night it looks very dreamy.


And here's a little bonus picture! We (wait, I should say Tim) started painting another room yesterday. This one is a much lighter blue -- kind of like a skyish blue. I know it's hard to tell with the light and the chaos but when we put the room back together this weekend, I know it will be fantastic (and slightly beachy -- which I will also LOVE).

Check back in a few days for more pictures! Let us know what you think so far!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...