11.28.2010

Done and done.

We are DONE!  For now, at least. We are finished with all of our living spaces (minus touching up the trim here and there). We have a nice little "nook" now, as I like to call it. A cozy little reading corner. All we are missing is an ottoman or someplace to put your feet up for the moment.  Then it will be perfect.

For those that would like to see the "before" picture, here it is: 


I hated this wood paneling with a passion. And then after we painted the first two rooms, Tim says, "Well, what if we just painted over it instead of replacing it?" And my reply was, "It's either gonna be awesome, or really ugly." So we went for the gusto and it turned out to be more than awesome!

How did we pick out a color you may ask? I decided to go with a lighter gray that would match some of the masonry in our fireplace. That way it ties it all together. The new with the old. If you like this paint, it is called "Driftwood Gray" and is part of the Martha Stewart line at Home Depot. Tim did a good job of carrying out my vision here. :) Thank you, Tim.

It may be a few more months before I post any more home improvement pics but I think we have come a long way in a very short time.

If you guys have any questions about this room, or the others we updated, please let me know! We'll be happy to help!  We know that it can be a tricky process.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...