9.14.2008

I don't like Ike!


Like many other people who were afraid of the gas shortage pending Ike's arrival to the Texas oil refinaries on Friday night... I was the victim of price gouging. If you can't see the picture below, I paid $4.29 per gallon of regular gas. Ouch!

Saturday morning on my way to work I called my longtime friend Yolanda who currently resides in the Houston area. I tried three or four times and the call wouldn't go through. Finally, later that evening around 6 or 7 after I had gotten off work I was able to leave her a message to see if she was okay. She called me back around 10 last night to tell me that she was okay but she definitely does not want to have to go through that again in her lifetime.

Amen, sister. I'm just glad you're alive and well. :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...