3.22.2012

March Meltdown

It finally happened. The ol' laptop finally gave out on me.  I had the feeling a few months ago that this was going to happen. The computer just kept getting slower and s-l-o-w-e-r. Like, go get a drink and I'm still downloading something - slow.  I just hoped it would throw in the towel later rather than sooner. No such luck. Turns out, you can (and I did) fill up my entire hard drive. In fact, I did such a good job, I can't even get the photos off of there that I took for Tim's birthday a few weeks back (hence why I have been picture-less and pretty much blog-less for the past few weeks) because there's not enough memory to compress it to a zip file and move it. That means?? You will have to wait until Carbonite is done backing up my entire hard drive (which literally may take a month) and then download and restore all of my 2012 pictures to this pretty, new hard drive. In this midst of all this though, I thought I would have a meltdown from not being able to upload pictures and blog. Seriously. I wasn't quite aware of how much I did this until I couldn't do it.

It was really a blessing in disguise. I can't express to you how much I'm loving the new laptop. It has an Intel i7 processor so it is wicked fast. And I pretty much have twice the hard drive space now -- awesome! Furthermore, the keyboard display is wine colored -- more awesomeness! I will take a photo this weekend and upload it for you guys to check out.

Here are few photos from this weekend at Piccolo Wine Room and then one of Layla from last night after Tim wore her out playing all day.




Keep your fingers crossed that I am able to transfer those pictures of Tim's birthday pretty soon. I am really trying to stay on track with my photo-a-day challenge I set for myself at the beginning of the year, and I would love to be able to share those photos with you guys before the end of the month.

I hope you guys have a fabulous weekend! Be ready for some new blog posts next week!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...