10.17.2008

Updates





I'm a little bit late posting these since Festival In The Park was, oh, about a month ago. (And besides the fact that I keep wanting to call it Art In The Park and people don't know what i'm talking about....) But I must say it is one of my favorite Charlotte things-to-do thus far. It's pretty much an arts and crafts fair combined with festival food. Well, there are kiddie rides, too, but those don't really pertain here. I mean, festival food + arts and crafts + live music = me never wanting to leave. It's a good thing Heidi was there to keep me on track.


In other news, I had a nice trip up to Winston last weekend to see family. I spent lots of time with them Saturday evening and Sunday. My grandmother on my dad's side has been at the Kate B. Reynolds Hospice Home for about two weeks now. I saw all these people from my dad's side that I haven't seen in years. My brother, sister and I went to visit her last Saturday night and I think that's the first time the three of us had been together with her in maybe a good ten years. It was emotional... but in a good way. Lots of hugs and kisses, holding hands and getting her the things she needs to be comfortable. I know that it won't be much longer before she passes so we'll all cherish that hour that we had together then. And it's so great to reconnect with family that you rarely see or hear from. A bittersweet time for sure. I'm hoping to go up there again this weekend and spend some more time with everyone. I think we all need it.


And here's a cute picture of Layla and Bella curled up on the couch thrown in for good measure.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...