12.07.2007

Shocked.

As most of you guys know, I am close with my co-workers at Utopia. We have a good time together and we are like one big family there. I have a few people that I am close with, but as a whole, we work well together.

Earlier this week -- Tuesday morning -- I received a phone call from Lauren (one of my bosses). She told me that Kathy's mom had passed away and wanted to know if I could come in for a few hours to help reschedule the clients on her book. No problem, I said. Kathy and I are pretty good friends and she is one of those people that is fun to hang out with. I asked what happened to her Mom (she didn't have cancer or anything like that) and I had assumed she was in a wreck or something. It was not. I don't want to type it all on here but feel free to read the article that the Winston-Salem Journal did. I feel so hurt for Kathy. I don't even know what to say to her, but tonight we are closing the salon early and visiting her mom's service at the funeral home to show our support for her.

Please keep Kathy and her family in your thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...