12.21.2008

They say some questions are best left unanswered...

A moment ago I was looking at the calendar calculating Christmas shipping schedules for a gift I purchased and I realized that today is the 21st. That means that if my father were still alive today, he would be turning 50. How does one process that information? What would he be like? Would he still like the same things like Nascar and Coors Light? Would he still curse like a sailor? Listen to Rock 92? Drive everywhere like a bat out of Hell? Be a meat and potatoes dinner kind of guy? Would the ending be different?
"I wish you could have been there for the sun & the rain & the long, hard hills. For the sound of a thousand conversations scattered along the road. For the people laughing & crying & remembering at the end. But, mainly, I wish you could have been there." - Brian Andreas

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...